I really need a job I can do from home. How? What?

I'm a fulltime stay at home mom and don't have a vehicle while my husband is at work. I want so badly to do something not only to help my husband bring home some extra money but to have something else to do with my time. I love being home with my children but I need something more as well! I've tried many things and yes, I have been scammed! NO MORE! I need to find something where I don't have to invest a bunch of money. I can't. Please, HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are lots of different things you can do from home. I can help you find the right fit for your situation. Feel free to message me and/or friend request me so we can chat.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• oh yeah...I'm not going to charge you for anything...I've just tried EVERYTHING to make money from home and I know what works and what doesn't :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• try craigslist but b careful
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh I was exactly where you are now! I ended up being burnt more than once! If you want to hear about what I do now, just stop by my page and say hi.

Be very careful with all the responses you will get from this post - there are a lot of moms who have started a "latest, greatest" whatever who are really nice and well meaning, just trying to get by, and they end up hurting people because they did not really understand what they were getting into.

Good luck!
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 3:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Hey there :) My hubby and I also have only 1 car right now. So he goes to work and I stay home with our little one(soon to be 2 little ones)
    He didn't want me to have to work so I started looking for something I could do from home to take off soime of the weight on his shoulder.
    I found more than what I was looking for and I am so glad I did, it has been great for my family and it gives me somthing to do :)
    Stop by anytime to chat and I can show you what I do at home. There is NO selling or Cold calling involved!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck and God Bless :)
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• There are more scams than legit jobs. I've tried dozens of them. I keep a list of the good ones and my results with them at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my 22 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Call me, I can help you. I have a great home business that you can start for as low as $50. Your will receive health benefits for your family and a 401K...all from working at home. I am Becky and my number is 540-465-4884. Or send me your email and I can send you information and links to my websites. My email is reaching100K@yahoo.com.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 12:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009