• In the Spotlight:

Yes their cute, but would you force your children to be in a beauty pageant to look like this?

I think a few are cute but not to this extent. Would you force your little girls (or boys) to do this if they didnt want to?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I watch a few segments on Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC and I feel incredible sadness when I watch what the little girls go through to be in these contests.

The saddest segment was a mom who clearly favored one twin over the other. She felt the favored twin looked more like herself and she did more to help her win. It was so bad that when the unfavored twin actually did better overall, the favored twin threw it up in her face that she was second runner up while the unfavored twin was 3rd runner up. It just broke my heart to see the mom's obvious bias.

It breaks my heart even more to see little girls look like 30 year old women.
    TexasBlonde51

Answer by TexasBlonde51 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• -622065788

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Baby Air Brushing

Widget_ak5pdzhhvj_ywdr64ilivc
    Alysia_Moore

• Widget_cuc7m1r25gcrxn9myyj2vs 

Alysia_Moore

• Ortho "Flippers"

Widget_azleey7nfptztp52kf3yji

Screw the Tooth Fairy! Instead of trading milk teeth for quarters, young pageant contestants hope to find pricy pedodontal “flippers” under their pillows. Don’t be fooled; this is just a fancy name for kiddie dentures.

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Widget_aykiacrqrpjl0qh2rpafku 

Widget_bhx674zrrmgkihs7dlxl1l

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd be willing to try it and see her reaction! My dd loves dressing up and is always smiley... I guess, i would like to see how she does, but I won't because it might push her "princess" stage too far!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree there is a certain extent it is cute, but these girls specially the blond one in the ourple, she looks like she is going to kill me.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LOL yes! that poor little blonde one!!! I thought the same thing! She looks pretty pissed and if I tried it and didn't get a smile, we wouldn't be doing it anymore!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would do this with my DD at home for fun. Maybe a mom and daughter dress up day or something, so it isnt full of the pressure to win and she doesnt feel any un-needed stress. I do think it is cute when the girls really love it though. As for the flippers, that is just stupid. I want my DD to feel beautiful because she is beautiful on her own. She doesnt need make up, fake teeth or photo editing. I like the natural pageants though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009