Would you call the doctor now or just wait and hour and a 1/2?

I am 38 weeks and lost my mucus plug this morning (had bloody show). I had contractions last night from about 11pm until 1:30 but nothing real timeable or consistent. I am not feeling any yet this morning. A few twinges here and that that make me stop for a second, but again all tolerable and not timeable. Anyway, should I call the doctor on call now or just wait for the office to open at 8:30 and see what they want me to do then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd wait. It's probably going to go slow anyway, no reason to call just yet. It doesn't sound like "active labor" it sounds like "early labor." My doctor said to call in "active labor."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am hoping it goes slow, since my husband is already at work, but this is #3. They say the more you have the faster they go. All my others started with my water breaking. This is totally different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd wait, too.

Answer by Bmat at 7:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They are probably going to want you to wait till you have some consistent contractions for at least an hour, usually 2-3! So I would rest, make sure your last minute things are taken care of, and wait for those contractions to come regularly! Good Luck Momma!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Wait. If you go in to be seen they will send you home. There aren't any painful contractions that have a steady time pattern. That will be their indicator on whether or not to bring you in to monitor you. You can lose your plug and still have several weeks to go before going into labor.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• either that or your going to go to the hospital and they are going to stick you with an i.v. you will not be able to do what you want just lye there.i would wait you know what active labor is(we all know what active labor is)good luck.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why would you call your doc at all? I dont get it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009