• In the Spotlight:

Where is a good place to get good and inexpensive nursing (bf) attire?

I'm going to go into labor sometime in the next 6 weeks so I'm starting to look into nursing clothes. I have 4 black nursing tanks on my registry at BRU but they are 44 bucks each (medela) and I'm hoping not ALL nursing clothes are so expensive. I have to wait to purchase though because it generally starts to get very cold here around October and I'm going to need more wintery stuff. Idk how this works and I'm new to breast feeding, any advice??

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 7:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Motherhood has some stuff. Sometimes you can get it on sale for a good price. You can also look on their website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I bought all my tanks from walmart or target. There they are only about twelve dollars each. I have yet to see any nursing tops for less than thirty dollars, and there was no way I could afford a whole wardrobe of shirts and dresses like that. I just always keep an eye out for breastfeeding friendly clothes at thrift stores (you can catch used nursing tops every once in a while). Other than that I just wear the tanks with a low cut shirt. Surprisingly those are not hard to find. :P
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• motherhood has some very cute ones. and all their pjs are good for nursing.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• waste of money.
    i wear the same clothes i wore before. i dont even use nursing bras! when its time to feed i fold my bra inward.
    if youre worried about showing your belly while nursing in public, wear a tube top around your belly. but really baby will be lying in front of it so nobody sees anyway.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2009