Any ideas on how to get rid of flies around your house and doors?

Asked by momofsix1966 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i use fly bags you can buy at wal-mart or lowes.They work really well,but smell so bad.Put them somewhere you can't see or smell them.they cost under $5.

Answer by mckayla at 2:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It's really simple & it works wonderfully. Put a little water in a plastic baggie, make sure it's the kind with the zip seal, and hang it about your door and/or window with tack or push pin (tip: make sure you push the pin ABOVE the zip seal so the water doesn't leak out). Apparently the water confuses the flies into seeing a wall of water and they'll avoid it go elsewhere.

Answer by CraftyMNmom at 2:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I buy the fly tape that you hang outside. We usually get a lot of flies out here and I used 2 fly tapes for my daughter's birthday party and I swear I didn't swat at a fly all day... it was great!

Answer by msp12r at 9:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2008