For those of you who decided to wait until birth to find out the gender...

Did you have any expectations? I have felt like I'm carrying a boy since I got pregnant, I even bought one boy outfit just incase I'm right (everything else is neutral). I have called him a "he" since... idk.. since I just KNEW he was a boy. Very early into my pregnancy. Probably before he or she parts came in, lol. Were you right or wrong about your assumptions, and if you felt as strongly as I did, how did it feel when your baby was there and not what you "knew"?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 7:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I KNEW i was carrying a girl! During all the ultrasounds we got, they were unable to tell. I guess she was too embarrassed to show off her privates...lol! But, i just KNEW! I even bought all girl stuff against my mother in laws will, because i just knew. She kept telling me i was having a boy, funny how SHE thought she knew better than I. Of course i had a girl. Mother's intuition is by far the strongest. You already have a connection w/ your unborn child, I'm sure he is a boy if that is what you feel.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I waited to find out with all three kids. My first I really believed was a boy and I was right, my third I really believed was a girl and I was right. My middle child I really didn't have a strong feeling either way- she was a girl. I can't say I really had an 'expectation' though, even when I thought I knew what I was having... I did recognize that I could be wrong the whole time and wasn't really invested in a gender until the baby was born. HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I knew what my daughter was having even before she did... The whole time she carried my first granddaughter I had a very strong feeling she was going to be a girl.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We found out w/ our first 2, but waited w/ our second 2. Even before u/s on the first 2 kids, I knew what gender they were and I had a feeling my 3rd was a girl (which she was!), but this time around, on my 4th...I have no "feelings" whatsoever. But we haven't been able to decide on a boy name, so I sure hope it's a girl! Lol. Will find out in a few weeks....
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I really didn't have any expectations or preferences during my first pregnancy,  but I did have the feeling I was having a girl during my second. 

I did love the anticipation of finding out though (I love surprises lol). 

I have two daughters btw.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I had a feeling I was carrying a boy, and didn't have the u/s pic to tell me one way or another until I was almost 30 weeks! But my DH is an 8th generation male, with no girls in his family at all! So it wasn't really a surprise that we were having a boy. I think honestly that if it had been a girl, and his family's first grandchild, it would be impossible to keep them from spoiling her rotten lol!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I tried not to think about it because I didn't want to be disappointed. With my 3rd I was really hoping for another boy for most of the pregnancy because the baby was going to be 13 months younger then my son. I thought it would be good to have 2 boys that could be really close to each other but with like 3 weeks to go I just KNEW it was going to be a girl. I don't know why but I got that feeling and couldn't shake it and sure enough I had another girl. I also had a feeling our last one was going to be a girl because that was our luck...to have 3 girls and just 1 boy. I even had a feeling that the baby I miscarried earlier would be a girl because our son is just destined to be the only boy in the family (poor kid).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Make sure you tell all the nurses when you go into labor. Some friends of mine wanted to be surprised and when she went into labor and was at triage, the nurse said 'so the little guy is coming early?" They had no idea it was a boy!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009