riding a bike?

How old were you children when they learned to ride a 2 wheel bike?

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 8:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is seven and hasn't yet. He is scared.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My son is 7 and learned when he was about 3. He was VERY EAGER. I have a 3 year old that has no interest in using pedals at all....he still likes to use his feet to push him everywhere----even when he's on the bike!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Hahaha lissa27504. I bet that is cute to watch.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Christine0813--thank you. I asked because my 7 yo has no interest in riding a bike at all.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My 6 1/2 year old is learning now. My just turned 4 year old already knows how (with training wheels of course). Some kids just prosper at different ages.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yep all kids are different and I learned a long time ago not to compare my kid to others and what they may or may not being doing. I just asked my son today if he wanted me to take him to the metro-parks to ride his bike and he told me no, lol.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 5 and we just took the training wheels off her bike, who knows how long it'll take her to learn to ride like that.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• With training wheels they have been all riding since 4. But last summer my older 2 took the training wheels off an finally figured it out. They were almost 8 and 6 1/2. This summer I told my middle daughter she would learn and took the training wheels off her bike. She refused to even get it out until a couple weeks ago. Her friend figured it out one weekend and told her she would teach her to ride a bike, lol. And she did. I was inside the whole time and by that night they were both zooming up and down the street. She's 6 1/2. We actually had a rash of kids learning to ride two wheelers this summer (3 or 4 in all so far on our block).
    My oldest daughter's best friend just turned 10 and still has training wheels on her bike. Her mom says she refuses to try without them. But she doesn't spend a lot of time on her bike. My kids spend almost all day outside riding so they get lots of practice.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My kids just turned 7 a couple of weeks ago and they still have need training wheels. Actually my son has just 1 on.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 5:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Wanted to add that I know of a 10-year old that just learned how to ride without training wheels.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 5:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009