how many of you do not believe health problems caused the fatal wreck where 8 were killed?

dont you really just think this mom was an alcoholic all along and her husband is in denial filled grief? nobody does 10 shots of vodka and gets into a car unless that is something they have already done before.
i think this mom has been a drunk for years to be able to handle all that booze.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that what is forgotten is that ALL of the families lost loved ones. The person who caused the wreck received the death penalty for her actions. Her loved ones are suffering no less than the victims in the other vehicle. Her family didn't cause the wreck. All of these family members are grieving and should be shown some basic human compassion. Her husband is trying to grieve and is in denial about his wife. I feel just as sorry for him as I do for the rest. It is such a waste all around, and there is no way to ease all the pain.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have not heard of this story.. sounds really sad though.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I haven't heard enough about the story to make a determination on what I believe the circumstances are, but it is a terrible, tragic story. Those poor kids, and the people in the other car she hit....just awful.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I heard the story and it's very sad, The toxicology report said her blood alcohol was more than twice the leagal amount. Her husband says that she doesn't drink. there was also a broken vodka bottle near the crash. Is it possible that meds could make her blook alcohol level that high?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think it's disgusting what this woman did, and even MORE disgusting that her husband is DEFENDING her, saying

"she NEVER drank or got drunk, and never did drugs, but rather had diabetes and a bump on her leg, which may have contributed!"

Come on! I get that you're grieving and in denial, but dude, you've got to face the facts...she had ALCOHOL in her stomach, and toxicology reports say she had smoked marijuana within ONE HOUR of the crash! Even if the toxicology was "off a smidge" she was no where near borderline/gray area!

"Toxicology reports found the businesswoman’s blood-alcohol level was 0.19, more than twice the state’s legal limit of 0.08, Carey said. She also had 6 grams of undigested alcohol in her stomach, Carey said.

Schuler’s husband, Daniel, told investigators that everything seemed fine when he and his wife left the Sullivan County campground at about 9:30 a.m."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yea, something doesn't add up...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Carey said. She also had 6 grams of undigested alcohol in her stomach, Carey said.
    -----------------
    wouldn't that mean she was drinking in the car?
    I think I would know if my ol man of 25 years was a drunk. I also think I would know if he was smokin weed.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• This story makes me SO sick!!! All those sweet girls dead because of this woman, not to mention that Father and son. I believe she was drunk. There are too many things pointing to that. And why would they lie. There aren't any famous people with fance lawyers invloved that need cover ups. These are regular folks. Why would the ME lie or make up results?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You know what? It is none of my business and the family is grieving.SO, I feel for them. That is all any of us can say. That we feel sorry for them.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Lorikeet said it all best. She said exactly what I was thinking too!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2009