How do you fight depression?

I lost my health insurance when my husband lost his job, and didn't figure it would be a problem since we are all fine. However, depression has hit me hard and I don't know what to do. I am EBFing so I don't know if I could take anything anyway and we are too poor to afford counseling or anything like that (and before you bash me for having internet, my husband needs it for school so we have to fit it into our budget).

I just don't know what to do. I work out, I get out, I do all the things I feel I should to prevent this. Nothing works. I just feel like dying sometimes and I don't know why. and I know that is so selfish because of my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• Help is out there: Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

And here is a link to my article on saving money at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't currently have insurance either but I have medications I HAVE to fill. We will go without food in order to make sure my meds get filled. So that's how I fight it. However, my dad used to take St.Johns wort....I may have spelled that wrong, but it's in the vitamin section at Walmart, and he said it really helped him. Or you could go to a health store and see what they recommend...like a natural healing place.

Diet is another key factor. It is what you eat too. Do a search on what foods are supposed to help with depression.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009