what pads did you use after delivery? (tmi)

I'm anemic so I'm naturally a heavy bleeder, I use birth control to help with the flow. I also rely heavily on tampons but since I have neither option, I was wondering what brand of pad to use 4 the bleeding. I have big packs of always ultrathin overnight pads. Do they make pads or anything specifically for whats going to be coming out of you post delivery??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for the first 24 hours I bled bad. Lots of clots and lots of blood. They take care of you with phonebook size pads at the hospital. I had a c-section so I was there for 3 nights. When I got home, we stopped by the store and picked up Always overnight. After a couple weeks of that then I switched to just Always ultrathing regular or something like that. It worked great for me. STOCK UP, you are going to bleed most likely for 6 weeks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I just took all the pads I could from the hospital. My nurses were very generous. I bled like crazy too and those diapers helped tons the first few days. I agree with the PP. Whenever the ones from the hospital ware out, just use overnight ones constantly.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yeah my nurse also gave me some from the hospital, after that I used the over night ones too! Your nurses will be very accommodating in helping you when you leave, we even went back up to labor and delivery after we had already been home to request some other items....they were kind enough to help us out!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I used depends. I bled like crazy and these helped me for the first week or so!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• At the hosp, I used those thick ones they gave me. Sometimes two or three at a time. After the first 24 hours it got back to normal and I just used always with wings w/o any leaks. Just make sure you change it often. And expect lots of leaks at the hospital. I had been laying down for a bit and got up to go to the bathroom and it all came gushing down my legs! Nurses cleaned it and me up and helped me to the bathroom and all. Wasn't really a big deal and they are used to it. I think I bleed for about 2 weeks, it was like a long but normal cycle after the first 24 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i used the hospital ones while i was there, then when i got home i had already stocked up on the thick always overnights with wings....and at night i used 2 one in front and one in the back, but during the day because i was moving i didnt bleed as heavy, but when i was asleep it was a flood....so the 2 helped....i bled for 12 weeks....i got my period around we 6 but i started birth control after i had my son and it caused me to bleed more....but it was my period....anyways i had to do a d&c but yeah...so i wasnt so lucky.....but the always overnights with wings are great....and once you slow down on the bleeding you can use the maxi ones with wings....they are thinner and not as noticeable
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• honestly adult diapers is where its a the first few days. then mega huge overnights for 6 weeks lol
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i used the thick ones the hospital gave me for 24 hours and then i used just kotex after that i just changed them often
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009