I have been getting some really bad leg cramps at night.

I know that I should increase the potassium in my diet in order to get them to stop....but what are some OTHER potassium rich foods that I can eat other than bananas (which I know are potassium rich) And are there any other tips any of you ladies can give me to get them to stop? I am 4 months pregnant, so I know that this is just a sign that I am lacking something in my diet! Any suggestions would be very helpful!

swimmachic23

Asked by swimmachic23 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Soak in a warm/hot bath before bed...this helps the muscles relax a bit! Sorry you have leg cramps...I have had them too they are no fun!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• http://www.buzzle.com/articles/potassium-rich-foods-list-of-foods-high-in-potassium.html
    this site lists some potassium rich foods. also, keep drinking TONS of water.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Other than potassium, also make sure that you are getting enough calcium, magnesium, and protein along with drinking plenty of water.

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My midwife told me to drink tonic water as the quineen in it stops cramps.
    lyndsaybadger

Answer by lyndsaybadger at 11:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• One thing that I found that REALLY helps me when i get leg cramps besides eatting bananas is drinking a swallow of regular dill pickle juice.. Everytime I have had leg cramps i drink some and it never ceases to help! I hope and pray that you find a cure that helps you!!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 12:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Wow! You're having them alot earlier. Their unavoidable. It helps to stretch those muscles throughout the day, either by walking or doing some stretching. Also throughout the day drink plenty of water that seems to help overall. Good luck to you~!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i get leg cramps every night and i'm 32 weeks pregnant. i read somewhere that when you feel a leg cramp coming lift your leg up a bit and point your toes down it helps me everynight!
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 2:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009