dog question

I have a 9 month old boxer puppy and i have noticed that after she goes pee she has a little bit of white discharge that comes out after...i also havent been able to get her fully housebroken,she usaully still has one accident a night...im wondering if these things are related.has anyone seen this before?

4hens

Asked by 4hens at 8:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pets

• I haven't personally noticed that happening to any of my dogs ( I have 3 female large breed mixes), but I'm thinking maybe she has some sort of infection? That would interfere with her house-breaking, and female dogs that are not fixed are very prone to UTI's and such. Perhaps you could take her to the vet and have them look at her. If it is an infection they should be able to do something about it before she ends up having to have surgery. Good luck and I hope the puppy feels better soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• thank you...i am going to take her to the vet but i also wanted to see if anybody had any oppinions on it while we wat for her appoinment...the vet cant get her in until next week,she doesnt seem to be in any pain and they are really busy so they cant get her in any sooner.
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 9:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I had a pure bred boxer and had the HARDEST time house breaking him. It took about a year. I never had that problem, every other animal I have own was like a week. I sorry I'm not much help but I wanted to let you know you are not the only one.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They have pills you can TRY at pet stores for preventing UTIs and insuring good urinary health... I've never had to use them but as long as your puppy is not running a fever they won't hurt her and might help alleviate some of her symptoms until you can have a doc check her out. Make sure she has access to water during the day. Also, keep an eye on her poo and make sure she has no worms, etc. The only pure boxer I've owned was fairly easy to housebreak, but I got him when he was older so that may have had something to do with it. They calm down a LOT once they get a bit older lol!Good luck again hon and I hope everything is ok!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It could be a yeast infection, which are prone in some bully breeds.

You'll have to have your vet examine her. If you can (I know it sounds gross) take in a sample of the mucus to the vet to identify the problem.

Good luck to you!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009