Goat Cheese

I love goat cheese and can eat it by itself and put some in my deviled eggs (shhh its my secret ingredient. lol), but I would also like to try it in other things I cook. What are some good recipe ideas with goat cheese that you like?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Roll the goat cheese into balls, dip in an egg mixture and then in a chopped up hazelnut/panko bread crumb mixture and fry in a little oil. Put over a basic salad with a light balsamic vin.

Also I roast off beets, marinate the beets in balsamic vin., toss with some chopped pecans and smother them with goat cheese....i too love goat cheese!!!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 9:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I love goat cheese, too!

Spring Greens With Beets & Goat Cheese

2/3 C. pecan halves
    3 T. balsamic vinegar divided
    1 T. water
    1 T. sugar
    1/4 C. olive oil
    2 T. maple syrup
    1 t. whole grain mustard
    1/8 t. salt
    1 (5 oz) pkg. spring mix salad greens
    1 (14 oz) can sliced beets drained
    1 C. crumbled goat cheese

In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 1 T. vinegar and water over medium heat until nuts are toastd, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. In a small bowl combine the oil, syrup, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar. Refrigerate until serving. In a large bowl combine the salad greens and dressing, toss to coat. Divide among 8 salad plates. Top with beets, goat cheese and glazed pecans.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Rigatoni With Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomatoes And Kale
    Ingredients:
    1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, oil packed, cut into "sprinkles"
    1/2 teaspoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup shallot, minced
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    4 cups kale, coarsely chopped
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    12 ounces pasta (I use whole wheat bow ties), cooked
    1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
    1/2 cup water
    Directions:
    Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add kale; saute 3 minutes or until wilted. Add tomatoes, saute 2 minutes. As 1/2 cup water, oregano, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until kale is tender. (Depending on the point in the season that you are cooking this it could take quite a bit longer than 3 minutes to get the kale nice and tender.)

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Combine the pasta, kale mixuture, and goat cheese in a large bowl, and toss well.

**The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato sprinkles and 2 cups boiling water. The sprinkles are rehydrated for 30 minutes and then drained, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. This liquid is added after the tomatoes, rather than the plain water.

This recipe for Rigatoni With Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomatoes And Kale serves/makes 4

• I LOVE goat cheese in my spaghetti. My family doesn't like it though, so I just crumble it on top of my plate and it is sooooooooo delish!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Mashed Potatoes!!! Yummy!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• This is a recipe that my picky daughter LOVES to eat! If you can imagine...

Spinach leaves
    dried cranberries
    goat cheese
    balsamic vinagrette

She takes it to work all the time. Never would have thought!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 2:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Big hit at our New Year's party:

Goat cheese quesadillas

Spread the goat cheese on tortillas. Top half of the goat-cheesed-tortillas with thinly sliced grilled/sauteed sweet onions. In a lightly oiled pan place one tortilla w/ onions topped w/ one goat-cheese-only tortilla and brown both sides slightly.

These were simple and tasty. Be warned that the cheese doesn't really melt and meld together, so be careful flipping it. Or you could add some monterrey jack to the recipe if you want to keep it all together, but I think that would take away from your obvious love of goat cheese. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I forgot that a friend had mixed it with watermelon chunks. Sadly I don't remember if she included chopped mint or if it was basil or some other herb. I didn't taste it but people seemed to really like it.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009