"Drama Queen" Issue

I have a "friend" (well she isn't anymore.)who is a drama queen and likes to cause trouble. When I pregnant with my son (11 years ago) She told my mother that I was pregnant with him and she didn't even know yet. I let that go crediting that to immaturity. Well now she has done it again. She has poisoned people's minds with lies and milking things for what it's worth. She has her gallbladder removed and thinks she needs two months off. I am a Pampered Chef consultant, and she even bad mouthed them and my business for Drama. She talks crap and I am not conveniently left out of things with my other friends because of things she may have told them or lies. I don't know what to do or how to handle this. I've backed off and let people make their own decisions but apparently she must've said something real nice for this to happen. I've emailed a mutual friend to ask to see what is going on(part of the ring of friends)HELP!

fireangel0310

Asked by fireangel0310 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• The very best thing you can do for people like her is to ignore them. Let her say or do whatever she will say or do. Don't try to defend yourself to others, because you will only make matters worse. It may take a little time, but others will see her for exactly who she is and they will see you for exactly who you are. When we try to defend ourselves or to set the record straight, then people may not know whom to believe. If you just remain quiet, they will figure out their own answers and do it much more quickly. Continue to be yourself. If you want to call your friends, call them. Don't let what you think is going on affect who you are as a person. Just do your thing, and let them decide whether or not they want to participate with you. If worset comes to first, make some new friends. In your business, I'm sure you meet lots of interesting women. Look for those with whom you have common interests and bond.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i agree with everything nannyb said....and if you are left out of fun times with your friends due to this bad seed in the group...then take the reins yourself and organise a fun time with all of them minus her....dont let her ruin your night out time...but definitely ignore her attitude...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Easier said then done yanno!!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol no i know....its never easy
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I've had this type of friend MANY times throughout my life. There's only two choices in how to deal with these people; ignore them and the truth may come out eventually OR stand up for yourself and put that drama queen in her place (then prepare for the backlash).

Either way, you'll have to put A LOT of distance between you and this person. They say, "You are who you hang out with"...so don't associate yourself with this person. You'll have less drama in your life without these people. And hopefully your other friends will realize the same thing. These dramatic people don't care who they upset and eventually, they'll upset your friends too.
    IndyMomofTwo

Answer by IndyMomofTwo at 10:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, I've been staying away and TRYING NOT to make a big stink about it. But when I was invited to girls night out before she moved down here and now I'm not. Yeah I'll sit and wait for them to see this.. but how long does this take.. I want to stand up for myself. I feel like i"m high school again!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My x's current wife does this with me. I don't bother them but for some reason I'm the topic of conversation for her. Anyway, when I get treated differently by someone (even my children) I will contact them and say "now what did I do?" It's just crazy how someone who doesn't have a life envies someone who does and they want to take it away from them. She'll get over it but for the most part all you can do is ignore her directly and succeed in life. That'll really get her goat!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• So I guess I got what was coming to me and emailed this friend that held the girls night out and explained to her what I was feeling and apparently she took that as me over reacting and flipped out and keep saying things that I supposedly said or did. I cherish this friends friendship alot. She said she didn't invite me because she didnt want any crap to start. I'm sorry but I'm more mature then that not to start crap at a function that is supposed to be fun. I"m more grown up then that. How Do I mend this with this friend? She's taking me off her friends list on myspace and facebook. I'm hurt and now I'm thinking I should've shut my mouth. I hate people saying shit behind my back so I how do I confront the culprit when I only know where she lives and not sure of email? Thanks for all your advice It helped or maybe not.. I tend to go with my heart half the time and not my brain.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009