im a mom of four and i would love to work from home any sugesstions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am an Independent Demonstrator for Gold Canyon. I really love it! I work from my home but only when I want to. I don't work Holidays, birthdays, etc. and I work around my childrens schedules. It is so simple and easy too! You can visit my site: www.mygc.com/inspirationalscents for lots of info. Or also: www.goldcanyon.com. And let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! I hope you find something that works great for you!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Mary Kay Consultant . . . I have been a consultant for a little over 5 years; and make about $1,000+ a month with one party in my home on Friday nights and dozens of reorders. Would you like more information?
    PinkHarmony

Answer by PinkHarmony at 12:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Is this a "work from home because we really need the money" or a "work at home because I'm interested in seeing what I can do"? If it's a need the money, rokoloms has awesome ideas!

If it's a "what can I do", which is where I'm at right now... this is where I started. My hub asked me to look at ask myself these questions: What are you good at? What do you like to do? If it's something handmade, is there a market for it? Can you make back what you put into it, supplies, expenses for selling/advertising, and a cash profit for your pocket? I personally am a crafter, jewelry maker, knitter, seamstress, and I'm starting an etsy site because I love to make things, am good at keeping my costs down, and see a market for the things I make.

Either way, if there's a service you can perform that you think anyone would benefit from, figure out what it is and go for it!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 2:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009