When should I move my daughter to a toddler bed?

Shes 2 and a half, not trying to climb out of her crib but we do want her to get potty trained.

inkedpinup

Asked by inkedpinup at 9:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we moved the twins at 18 months. just talk to her about it first and get her excited it will help with the transition. one of my girls had a hard time when they went to toddler beds but no problem when they went to twin beds. the only difference was i talked to them about it first and they helped shop for the beds. since she is already 2 and a half you might as well move her to a toddler bed then you'll be done with bed transitions basically forever. just get the bed rails from walmart they have some for $20 to keep her from falling out.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i moved my dd around 15 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I moved my dd around 17 months
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We moved our daughter into a twin bed at 18 months. She was so excited to have a big girl bed.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• we just got our daughter a bed at 19 months. she is always very good at going straight to sleep when we put her down, so we figured she would do well. and she has :) we also just started potty training, and she's doing pretty well so far with that too.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If you're aiming for potty training then now is the time. Thats my "rule of thumb" on the crib/bed issue. They should be in the crib no later than when they can climb out of the crib or when they are needing to get up to pee.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I just moved our son to one 2 weeks ago and he is almost 2 1/2...I only did it because he started to climb out of his crib otherwise I think I would have kept him in there longer.
    lkennedy

Answer by lkennedy at 3:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009