going to the beach, how to change a diaper

we are going to the beach next week with our 8 month old son. obviously he will need diaper changes while on the beach. would you be offended if you were there and saw a little boy getting changed, or should i take him off the beach to a restroom? after the whole kid getting kicked out of burger king for not wearing shoes, i had to think if this would cause an uproar.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 10:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I changed my kids if I was on the beach. I never had anyone say anything. Now I am wondering? LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• mine are 3 1/2 and 2 months, changed both of them on the beach. never had anyone say anything. heck i still change the 3 1/2 yr old out of her swimmies diapers on the beach and no one's ever said anything. they are just babies, no one can kick you off the beach for it, so who cares if someone says anything, i'd just make sure to drop the diaper in a trash can near them and hope it stinks.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I changed my boys on the beach and have never had anyone say anything to me. I did it discretely. The only time i took them to the restroom is when they had a poopy diaper. I would not be offended if someone were changing a baby, but maybe a 2 or3 yr. old is too much for some people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have also changed my babies on the beach and have never had anyone say anything to me. About the only time i would take them a private place is if they had a poopy diaper.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would get offended by people in thong bikinis, but never because a baby was getting a diaper change. If you feel the need, you might bring an umbrella and change him under the shade so it does give the feel of some privacy. I wouldn't worry about it, though. It'd be different if some grown man was peeing in front of everyone or something. Gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm sure I've seen parents change diapers on the beach many times in my life, and I never thought anything about it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i dont see the problem its no different than me changing my dd at a horse show when she was little if people get offend then obviously they aint never had little kids at teh beach befor
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me to see a mother change her infants diaper on the beach. I'm sure I did it when my boys were babies.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• change him on the beach,now i wouldnt change my baby becouse she is a big 14month old,but if there small its fine.ive had to change my little one in a grocey cart once cuz the store didnt have a changing table.no one was around,lol
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009