Would you be mad if your man didn't say anything to you at all on your b-day?

My bf & I have been fighting like cats & dogs the past few weeks. We've been getting on each other's nerves like crazy & when we talk all we do is argue.. so for the past 2 days we've been giving each other the silent treatment. I'm so frustrated by this already & my birthday is in 3 days!! I dont know if he'll be that mean, but I have a feeling he won't even acknowledge my b-day or say anything to me at all on that day.. i'll be sooo pissed & hurt if he doesn't. Would you be mad if he didn't say anything to you on your b-day, given the circumstances??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• If you two are like this now (not married). I don't think you should take the relationship any further the boyfriend girlfriend.

Answer by louise2 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would try to quit anticipating what he MAY do and focus on what is going on in your relationship. You are stewing about something he hasnt even done yet.......put your focus on what you can do to improve today.

I know hard to do, but when i read your statement I could hear the voice of my mom in my head, "Don't anticipate, just participate" Hated it when she said it, but she is right!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes I would be very hurt.That is the day he should try to kiss and make up.If he doesn't than It sounds like you two need time apart. Hope you two do not live together?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd be sending him a "memo" IM calling for a truce on my birthday and give the date in case he forgets! I don't let him get out of my birthday!!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Mad or not holding grudges against the ones you love is not healthy or right. I wouldn't be with a guy if he could get that angry for that long. That to me would mean bigger problems in our marriage. Fighting like cats and dogs is not normal either. We all have arguments, but there is away to go about it.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009