can anyone relate?

i got journal posts on my page about it but long story short my 4yr old daughter has a swollen knee.she woke up w/it and its going on 3wks now.we have been to her pedi. and a bone dr. x-rays and tests have been done.everything is fine so far..but she has inflammation and dont know why.thought it was jra but thats pretty much been ruled out.so next friday we are going to a specialist in louisville,ky at kosairs childrens hospital one of the best places to go.Just wondering if anyone has been through anything like this.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Have you tried an ant-inflammatory diet?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no i haven't.didn't know there was one....what is it?
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No, thank goodness I havent. I know you said she had x-rays, but did she have an MRI?? If not, she needs one-it will tell them more.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• no mri yet but we are going to the specialists/top dogs on friday.Yeah hope u never go through something where u dont know whats wrong the drs dont know and its been going on for 3wks.ITS AWFUL even if it doesn't seem all that serious it is very much so
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 6:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my son had it happen when he was young. The dr told me it was "just" arthritis. After a while it just went away and never came back so not really sure what it really was.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• well the dr doesnt really think she has arthritis so we are going to a specialist to figure everything out the dr referred us to the one we are going to.I know something isnt right so i will do everything i can to find out and get her better or to find out and maybe it be something she can outgrow
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Our friend's son had this problem. The doctors were ready to do surgery when another doctor stepped in and diagnosed him with a viral infection! He was on antibiotics for several weeks. I don't know the exact information, but the poor thing limped for weeks!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009