After you had your baby, did you leave the baby in the nursery at night or keep it in your room with you?

If you kept the baby with you, do you look down on moms who put the baby in the nursery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son spent his first night in bed with me, the second night in the bassinet next to me and the third night from then on in his nursery. If he had a nightmare or was sick then he could come in bed with me. But his room is his, that is where he sleeps. And for those that choose to have the baby in bed with them, that's their choice but I don't feel bad for putting my son in his bed in his room.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my last baby i keep with me but my son he stay in the nursery b/c he did not stop crying, and i need my rest. after pushing for hours i was exhausted.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• He slept in the nursery at night but they brought him into me to feed him. My hospital is very small and he was one of 2 babies born within the last 2 days, so I felt very comfortable and this way I was able to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i had my son close to midnight, by the time we got to our room it was 3 or 4am and they took him to the nursery. i got him back around 7am. the second night i left him in the nursery and its a good thing because he started having trouble breathing and he was jaundice. he ended up staying in the hospital 2 more nights then being transferred to another hospital for 2 more nights.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No I would never look down on someone for that, no reason to.

I did with my first. I was too scared for some reason even though I had experience with my brother's three kids. I babysat them all the time, changed their diapers and even had to learn how to prick ones finger to see what his sugar was and give him his insulin shot. They only time my first born was brought to me is when I had to breastfeed him. My last two I kept them with me in the room.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 3 months old, and she has slept in a bassinet (arm's reach coccoon. i love it.) next to my bed, since we came home form the hospital. she's near outgrowing it, so i'll soon be putting her in the crib, in her room. i like having her close, but im sure it'll be okay when she's in the next room, too.
    each parent does things differently, so no, i dont look down on moms with other methods.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• OH!
    i misread the question! she slept with me all 5 nights we were in the hospital. but she was a very happy, quiet baby. i understand how that wouldnt work for some moms.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I had my baby in the hospital where i worked (I worked in the nursery) and they have the "healthy" babies stay with their moms so it wasnt really an option for me. Alot of times if a mom needed rest and we were not too busy we would help out and take the baby out for "babysitting" while the mom got rest. As a nurse, we know what we are doing, and we will not look down on someone for needing to rest. Its not a bad thing- giving birth is freakin difficult and exhausting lol
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I mean in the hospital not at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well, my 1st was with me on her 1st night, then the next day they took her for routine stuff and never brought her back because she started having issues and had to stay in the nicu. At the same time I had to lay in bed for 32 hours from an IV drip that was making my high blood pressure go down. To this day I still wish I could go back and change things!

Therefore, I kept my 2nd with me. We were there 2 nights and 3 days, and I had a c-section. So even though I was in excruciating pain, I kept her with me and had her crib right next to my bed so all I had to do was lean over to pick her up. They actually took her to do her PKU and within 5 minutes of her being gone I freaked out, thinking of what happened with my 1st child. I walked over to the nursery and they had finished but hadn't brought her back, so I walked her back with a nurse lol. I don't look down on moms who use the nursery, though, that's why it's there :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2009