Anyone else resent being a mother?

First, let me say that my SO works out of state during the week.... so nap times are of course my break. Yesterday, we had a day from hell, one 30 minute nap ( shes 14 months old), she cried everytime I walked away from her to do something, she woke up at 1 in the morning screaming and didnt go back to sleep until 3 (but of course she was happy until I put her back in her own bed), this morning already she has been crying non stop for every little thing, and im about ready to jump out of a damn window.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know where you're coming from.

My husband is in the Army and when he deploys, of course I'm alone, with the kids, for a year or more. But even when he's "home", he works 10-18 hour days and sometimes he's training for weeks at a time.

And sometimes it's very hard. Sometimes I need a major break to realize how much I really do love my kids and I really do love being a mom.

My greatest advice would be to find someone to watch the kids for a few hours one day a week while he's gone. So you can get some time to yourself.

And don't feel so bad... you're not a horrible person for feeling this way.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ummmm No. I do not resent it. I am in my 40's now and started having children at 19. Yes, I was unmarried, but did get married soon thereafter. So, I have lived most of my life WITH CHILDREN. Now, my girls are in their twenties and GUESS WHAT?? The oldest is now having some issues of her own, which in turn become my issues... if you aren't ready for it.. Honey, You have issues..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i definitely don't resent it. being a mom is my life and i love it! but it does get hard. just take a deep breath and try to think about this- you might be going through a rough patch right now, but it WILL be over sooner than later. somaday you'll look back on this stressful time and it'll seem like nothing.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Op here, I dont resent it all the time, but I do today
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would never go as far to say I resent being a mother. Yes, there are difficult days, but there are great days, too, and more often good than bad. I think your lack of sleep is making you upset, which is understandable. It's hard to put on a happy face when you can't get any sleep and your kid is keeping you up. She's 14 months, she's still young, it will get better but for now you just have to take it as it is and count your blessings.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Not one bit. I love being a mom, even during the bad days.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No, I don't resent it. Yes, sometimes I am tired but I wouldn't change a thing. Also, if my kids where crying like your little girl is it would make me think that they are getting sick or something, it just wouldn't be normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I understand It might be harder for you because ur SO is not around,
    I know In my right mind if my SO was not around I would go CRAZY with my kids!
    everyday is a challenge just think about it that way and if you can get through that you can get through anything. Good luck!!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my hubby works 10-12 hrs a day, i take care of our son pretty much all by myself because hes usually asleep if hes home. some days i feel like im going crazy because he was fussy or he didnt take a nap so i wasn't able to shower or clean up the house, but as long as i try to keep my son happy thats all that matters. i never resented it not for one second, i think being a mother is rewarding no matter how hard it can get!
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know how you feel. I have my days too. Some days, they just won't leave you alone and it can be frustrating. And some days, they are so darn independant, you feel like they don't need you anymore. You just can't win! :)

This too shall pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009