Would you get the swine flue vaccine?

I just seen on the news that pregnant women are at the top of the list of getting the swine flu vaccine, along with children. This vaccine has not been thoroughly tested and just came out. Would you trust that it would not harm you or your children? In 1976 more people died from the swine flu vaccine than they actually died from the flu itself. Not to mention, vaccines that have been around forever, and have been studied a lot more, still have error. The regular seasonal influenza shot has been known to make people sick. I've heard countless times that they were fine for years, got the flu shot and got the flu. But who knows what the H1N1 (swine) flu shot will cause?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know. I have never gotten the seasonal flu shot, and never have had the seasonal flu either. I am pregnant though so it's really hard for me to decide if I should get it or not. I don't trust the vaccine, but I don't want to put myself or my unborn at risk, and I have 2 children under 3 so I don't want to put them at risk either. It's a tough decision.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No way!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• NO WAY!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No freakin' way!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Nope! I have only gotten one flu vaccine in my life, and I have only had the flu once. It just happened to be 10 days after I got the flu vaccine which I wasn't suppose to get. I got the flu from the vaccine, so I will stick to just washing my hands thank you.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• not I
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Nope.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no after learning more about vax's we arent getting anything they dont do in europe, 13 shots for kids, none for adults, we dont want mercury/ other metal poisoning. thanks! and i went to FL during the scare, didnt get it, so i figure i am fine!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• H#LL NO
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 11:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• oh but thats what you all say now, if this UHC passes folks you can and will be told what Vax you and your family will have to receive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009