What is the best way to distract a kid to get a haircut, so they don't end up crying?

Salma25

Asked by Salma25 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I take mine to the hair places for kids so he can watch videos or play videos while getting his hair cut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We gave our son chicken nuggets. We bought two things of them at Wendy's and just kept switching them out as the hair fell. It worked really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My barber gave him that giant blush brush looking thing, that they use to sweep the hair off your shoulders && neck when their done, to play with.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Blow bubbles, it's the only thing that works on ours, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I used to take a portable dvd player with his favorite movie or would promise to buy him a toy afterward if good, etc, Ice cream, treats, new book anything he would really love.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I cut my DS's hair and he's pretty good for me. I've given him my cell phone to play with, and popcicles to bribe him with. I've also went and stocked up on dollar store bikes (he LOVES bikes) so that he has a new bike to check out while I'm cutting his hair...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I give my son a sucker and he'll sit there through the whole thing without moving!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 1:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My 2 yr old absolutely hated having his hair cut. I gave up on it and sent him with my husband. My husband discovered that giving him a "treat" (whatever is special for you child) and facing him away from the mirror did the trick. Apparenlty if he couldn't see what was happening, it bothered him less. Gerbers fruit chews (yes, mostly sugar and a major treat in our world) worked great as my husband could dole them out one at a time and avoid them getting hair covered!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009