Help Me to understand this whole Healthcare issue...Please.

Everything I try to read about it is so confusing or just shows me parts of the bill that is written in "lawyer" talk. What is a good site for me to go read up on it...non biased...so that I can find out how all of this will affect me, when and to what degree?

Thank You in advance!

KaylasMiracle

Asked by KaylasMiracle at 10:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll actually endorse stacymoms suggestion of using Poltiifact...they are doing a GREAT job of breaking down each one of Obama's 500 campaign promises--and provide regular updates and original links.

But be careful...even though many of the things he promised to accomploish are "in the works" or "kept," DOESN"T mean it's a good thing!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Part of the reason it is so confusing is that there is no solid plan in place right now, just a 1200 page outline that gets changed daily. I have been trying to follow links of assertions from both sides, where it quotes part of the bill they are talking about, and then trying to decipher the meaning. You can see hearings on Cspan, (you can watch online,) and you an check out a bunch of sources like politifact and snopes and follow their links to their sources. (Before everyone flips out on me, the reason these sources are considered good is because they actually post links to where they got their information, so you can judge whether you believe it or not.)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009