do you tithe?

feel free to be anon this is a personal question. I have at times, then I will slack for 6 months, and be back at it for a yr. If you do tithe can you share any stories when you feel you "recieved it back" I believe tithing creates blessings!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not attend church so I do not Tithe, but I DO donate to charities of my choice.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, we try to as much as possible, we do not belong to a church- we tithe to Joel Osteen Ministries, we also give to The March of Dimes and for children's cancer groups- the are close to our hearts...I believe everyone should contribute something to the world..
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We contribute 10% to our church every Sunday morning. If for some reason we can't make it we still write out the check so we can give the next Sunday.

As far as an example when my ex left me I had only a one day a week job making $50-$65. I still tithed out of it. He paid all the bills but I had to pay my own gas, food for my 3 daughters, school activities, etc. Some how the money was always there when I needed it. About 2 months after he left my mom ran into her old boss and he asked her if he knew anyone needing a part time job. I jumped at it. A few months later his secretary quit and the rest is history. Even though everyone told me I should sell my house within a year I was able to get a loan on my own and transfer everything into my name. Another blessing was when things got hard my BIL asked me if I would consider renting out part of my 3 car garage. It worked great. Still tithing still being blessed daily.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• God ask for 10% that's it :) Yes i do tithe and i have been blessed with money and things since i have been Praise God

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• At this point we are on food stamps and welfare. I have committed to God that when we are working we will tithe to the church, and give another tithe to missions.

But monitary tithe is only one way to give. Since our situation is what it is, we have committed to give our time and talents above what we would normally be able to do. Since we are not working there is more "free time" so we are doing more at the church and in the community.

I believe God honors the spirit of those who give. God doesn't need our money, He wants to teach us to give generously and with a willing heart.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009