When you had your second child, or any after your first did your husband stay with you at the hospital over night or go home with the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dh stayed at the hospital my family kept the kids
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my DH and Best friend stayed with me, my mother took my daughter for me.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My dh went home with both kids, he stayed late and came back early.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My delivered at 11:30, he went home at 3. Our daughter was with us when we delivered, due to a child care issue. (We got down to our THIRD backup before finding someone). So, she went home with grandpa around midnight. My husband went home to make sure all was well. He found his poor dad asleep on the floor of her room. When we told him she usually coslept, he thought we meant in her room on the floor! Everyone came back around the next morning, and I left at 12.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• For my second birth, my dear friend kept my first child so that my husband could stay at the hospital with me during labor and birth. Our second child was born in the afternoon so he spent the day with the both of us and when it was evening he went and picked up our oldest child and brought her home. He then brought her to the hospital the next day when he came to visit.

For my third birth, my dear friend kept our first child again and my FIL kept our second child. My husband stayed with me through labor and birth again, which happened in the middle of the night, so he stayed with us all night and slept on the pull-out couch. My FIL brought our second child to the hospital the next afternoon to see his new grandchild and my husband went and picked up our oldest child to come visit. Then he took them both home.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My friends & family kept my kids. Hubs went home every day long enough to care for the pets, then he was back up there. My 2nd, 3rd, & 4th were all Csections with hospital stays of 4-5 days.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was in labor for over 5 days with him there. So once the baby was born, he had to go home with our toddler. He had a really hard time, I was always there and then I was gone for a whole week. He only got to see me one time!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• when baby #2 comes family will keep DD & DH will stay with me.. IMO its important for the father to get those first few days of bonding as well.. (if possible! I know some families have no choice than dad to be with other kids!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I went into labor at 9:00 after my son was already in bed. My husband stayed at the hospital with me that night (of course) while my mother stayed at our house with my son. But after that, my husband stayed at home. I wanted to keep thing as normal as possible for my son.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• When I was in labor with our 1st- I was in labor during the night (had him the next afternoon). My hubs was with thru that (as well as my mom and dad). After the baby was born my hubs and I discussed him staying with me and we both decided it would be best if he just slept at home each night. We lived 15 minutes away- and I know he would not have gotten a good nights rest on the pull out sofa in my room, and I know I would not have gotten any sleep between his snoring and the pain from my c-section. With the birth of our 2nd and 3rd child- he would be up during the day (sometimes with the other kids) and then would be at home with the older kid/s at night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009