We just had a baby boy, our 3ed, our two year old has taken to crying and running into another room to have crying jags and tantrums. I try to have her help me with the baby and even give her alone time with mom and dad but she still crys all the time. All we have to do is look at her and she is in tears. We run out of ideas. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore!

burkhartfamily5

Asked by burkhartfamily5 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I told my 2 year old son when he first met his baby sister that it was his baby. I always refer to his sister as his baby & he's been very helpful & protective of her. Hang in there. You will get into a new pattern that works for you & your Little ones. A new little one is a big transition for a toddler!
    missfeatherlove

Answer by missfeatherlove at 1:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• THIS MAY SOUND CRUEL BUT TRY IGNORING HER SHE'S MOST LIKELY DOING IT FOR ATTENTION. ONCE SHE SEES YOUR NOT GIVING INTO HER MISBEHAVIORS SHE MOST LIKELY WILL STOP. MY DAUGTHER WILL BE THREE ON JULY 4TH AND MY INFANT IS 8 MONTHS SO I JUST WENT THRU THIS ORDEAL MYSELF. GOOD LUCK
    dddddmom

Answer by dddddmom at 3:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• take her to buy her own baby and stroller and playpen. For christmas we got our 3 year old a Graco (toy)set at wal mart I think it was under $25 and it came with the car seat (which also was the seat of the swing and high chair) the play pen and a stroller and a diaper bag. Shes just feeling left out but maybe if she has her own baby to take care of she might start to copy what youre doing.
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 6:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2008