how to get labor to progress?

Does any one have advice to get labor to progress more I am 75% efaced and 4-5 cm dilated. Any advice?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't. Be patient. Labor progresses on its own through a serious of hormone feedback loops in your body. The effacement and dialation are only numbers they MEAN NOTHING. You aren't a text book. You can walk around like that for days or you could go tomorrow. Getting labor to progress artificially will just stress you out and have the OPPOSITE effect of what you intend.

It is a process much like digestion. It happens in its own time, according to your own body rhythm.

You can try the methods suggested, but frankly if your body and the baby aren't ready...they won't help.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i agree w/ amileegirl. just wait. there's a reason why you are still pg, your baby isn't ready. baby is what sends the hormone to your body to tell it to start labor.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• oh and trust me...if you wait you will be amazed at how easy labor will end up being. It looks like you are progressing like I did. I labor on and off. it was great!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 4:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009