If you're christian and must tithe, are you sure your money is not going to support christian extremists?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL.   I'm sure.  What I'm not sure of is if my tax dollars are going to fund terrorism on the unborn.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I tithe to the church I belong to and we know where that money goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yes I know where the money goes. My church is open about that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• all the churches I've ever been to, the tithes went to funding the churches upkeep and such. Any other donations for special things the churches did, such as helping those in need, was set up as a different donation. Or money left over from the tithes went to help as well as part of the churches notation. Sorry, I know I'm not a Christian, but that doesn't mean I've never been to church. And all the ones I have been to, are VERY open about where the money is going..
    the only ONE time it went to a donation that was outside of the community was during vacation bible school, where the donations were made to help kids over seas. And no, I couldn't tell you for a fact it went to where it was suppose to go, but I have no reason to believe differently either.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My tithe goes to my church and yest i know where it goes.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My money goes to my church and whatever they do with it is them... God didnt say give 10% only if your church uses it on this and that.. He said bring !0% into the storehouse (church) :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• since this is in response to the ? about muslim extremists, i will just way that i am far more afraid of them than christian extremists. christians aren't the ones blowing themselves up, along with innocent men, women and children, or flying planes into buildings. my money does not go to christian extremists, but if it did, i wouldn't lose any sleep over thinking "oh no, now my money is being used to fund an abortion clinic protest" or something relatively harmless. the worst ones i can think of are the westboro baptist people and even they aren't killing anybody. the same can't be said for hundreds of thousands of muslims just waiting for the orders to kill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009