Who are the people that works in the nurserys at hospitals? Are they RN's? Lpns? Stna's? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• When I had my babies, I saw either RNs or BSNs (Bachelor of Science in Nursing). Labor & Delivery & Nursery positions tend to be very coveted in hositals so only the most qualified & experienced nurses get those jobs. I never saw a nurse's aid or even an LPN in L & D or nursery but I delivered 2 of my children in large cities so I suppose it might be different in a smaller hospital where they don't have as many applicants per open position.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I worked as a volunteer in the nursery one summer. I wasn't permitted to pick up the babies. Mostly I made the take home bags and occasionally got to push a baby in the bassinet to mom's room. I also ran a heck of a lot of blood to the lab.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2009