What happens to the baby when you dont eat enough?

i am 36 weeks pregnant i and i barely eat because we havetn had the time to go get food we are going grocery shopping today but i was wandering what happens to him when i dont get enough to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• then your baby doesnt get enough nurition to grow properly. sorry if that upsets you but it is true. you need to take care of yourself so your baby can be healthy. you know the saying "eating for two"
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She/he would get the vitamins and everything she/he needs from your body. So your body would be weak and have no energy. I know this because it happened to me, and I told my midwife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• gee i hope you have time to feed the baby when it comes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The baby will take from your body what it needs. It will not suffer, but you will. If you do it to often.

Answer by louise2 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with Jessie... I'm 20 weeks, and if I don't eat I'll start feeling sick. Your unborn child needs you to eat so that he/she can develop correctly.... If you don't have money to buy groceries, then go to a food pantry. They're all over, and are free to the public. My sister's church takes in donated cans to buy food to give out to those who need it. There isn't any reason you should go hungry. You should think about your baby before anything else...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If this has been a pattern you are looking at low birth weight, developmental problems, but if this is a once in a while thing, your body is what's going to suffer. It will take what the baby needs first. Hopefully you are taking prenatal vitamines too that will help.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I hope that you get the nutrition you need, it's horrible being pregnant without enough food. The baby shouldn't have any problems, but it will deplete your own resources. Right now your baby is your body's primary focus. Just drink plenty of water until you can eat more, so at least you and the baby don't get dehydrated. That would be my major concern. I'm glad you're going grocery shopping. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 12:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The baby always takes what it needs and you basically get the leftovers.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009