• In the Spotlight:

What About Your Side?

Instead of pointing fingers across the aisle for the umpteen millionth time tell me something that's wrong with YOUR side of the aisle. What do you want to see your own party fix within itself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• to go back to what being a conservative really means!!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• to go back to what being a conservative really means!!!!

I AGREE!!  I'm sick of all the RINOS!

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 11:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We need to truly figure out how to be fiscally conservative.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• geez. I just pointe out in another post. I will willingly admit that Bush was stupid for signing in the first stimulus and I wasn't happy with all his decisions. I am sick and tired of worrying about bothering someones sensibilities. I want the repub party to stand up and say that our views are JUST as valid and JUST as justified as the other side and quit getting distracted and cow towing to these games that other side uses. I think we need to stand up for our own (Joe the plumber and Sarah Palin) when the left wing crazies (and Hollywood) get rabid and we need to get more fiscally responsible. We need to STOP looking back and look forward to what we can STOP this admin from doing to further destroy our country and make our voices HEARD with the reforms WE want implemented!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Conservatism isn't dead. It just doesn't exist in our government. I would fire ALL reps, both sides, and start fresh with term limits, no pensions, and a basic health plan. No special treatment. Fly coach.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree! Get the RINOS out!!! And the remaining Republicans need to STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES, and not be afraid to stick their necks out for their constituents!!!

Or the more moderate Democrats (Blue Dogs) and fiscally conservative Republicans need to come together and develop a third party--Libertarian.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd like to see a Libertarian government, one that was actually supporting personal freedom and small government.  Keep a safely net in place, but keep it small.  Let businesses grow and thrive, allow people to be self-sufficient.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd like to see a government of the people, by the people, for the people for a change.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Get rid of the two-party system and let people decide issue by issue, instead of basing all political ideas on a wide platform.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LIFE: who are you to decide if I am a burden on society? who are you to dictate morality?

LIBERTY : let me speak my mind regardless if it offends or differs and protect others rights to do so.

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS: let me take care of myself and support my family

WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU CAN TAKE THESE AWAY???
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009