If you are in the hospital after your birth, can your older child stay the night with you if they are around two years old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "Only because a two year old is a very young child and if he or she starts to cry it will disrupt the other patients and they cant have that"

Believe me those walls are made thick enough it WONT disturb others. I mean after all you will be in a postpartum room with babies all around. Just pointing that out.. It really depends on the hospital though, i'd call ahead of time and check.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure, but that's a good question...
    My son is a little over two, and I'm due in Dec...
    I'd ask your doctor...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My son was allowed to but I knew he wouldn't fall asleep there so my mom took him.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd guess not, but you can ask. Our hospital had a policy of no visitors under 14 after 9 pm, but my daughter did stay with me the last night. She was 11 and we did ask one of the nurses if it would be a problem before we did it. I think a 2 year old would be a harder sell.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well, I plan on tandem nursing and don't want my son to be denied of his milk, too when the new baby comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I dont think they will. Only because a two year old is a very young child and if he or she starts to cry it will disrupt the other patients and they cant have that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• the issue of tandem nursing is a good argument for this one. just have a pack n play so the nurses don't make an issue of him being 'in the way' or whatever.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 12:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Where I delivered, there was no visitation policy. So it would have been fine. My friend delivered at a diff hosp and they had hours and age limits. So just depends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My nephew was allowed to stay with my SIL when she had her second baby last week as long as there is another adult there they are usually fine with it. Atleast in every hospital i've been to.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The hospital I delivered in allowed it. I just didn't feel up to keeping a 16 month old and a newborn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009