Ever call CPS on someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• nope
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Twice. Once when my step daughter kept coming home from her moms literally covered in flea bites. We asked her to fix the situation multiple times. It got so bad that her dr put her on abx ointment to prevent infection and advised we call cps so they could reccomend to the judge that visits be stopped, which they did and the second time was when we picked her up from her moms when I went to give my then 25 month old step daughter a bath we discovered her entire backside from just below the neck down to her knees was covered in black and blue and welts and hand prints.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 12:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I haven't no.... But if I honestly thought the children were in danger, or were being neglected, abused, etc then I would...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• years ago i worked at a daycare
    little girl almost 3
    she had a red hand 'print' on her bottom
    i reported to the daycare superviser/manager
    she told me that this has already been reported
    i was subbing in this room and had no been aware
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I worked at a daycare and little girl about a year old came in with little circle burns on her arms and legs. We called cps and they said cigarette burns. The mom came and said yep the baby was crying and she was frustrated.. And my sister called on me. She told them I didnt feed or bathe my kid. That was not the truth. She just wanted another kid and couldnt have one. She thought cps would give her mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, worked at a daycare where a toddler was being neglected. She would come in filthy with dirty clothes on, horrible diaper rash that had bleeding blisters. The director was hestiant to file (and her husband is a cop to boot), so we told her that if she didn't call within the hour, we would. (we had phones in all the rooms so it wouldn't have been difficult). She called and before we could find out what happened the parents pulled the child out (come to find out that atleast 3 centers have reported them to CPS for neglect). Another time, a child came to us and told us that someone touched their privates, we called immediately and CPS/the police came out and interviewed the child and parents. Nothing happened and the parents were happy that we cared enough to make sure their child was safe. It is NOT an easy decision to make to call CPS on someone, but it has to be done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yup. Had neighbors once that partied all night & slept all day while the kids ran loose. The kids would go door to door asking for food while the parents ordered Dominoes every day. There was a lot of screaming & breaking things over there... don't know whatever happened with that one.

I didn't have CPS called on me, but someone did report me to the school district for not sending my kids to school. Officer came out (didn't even get out of his car), I told him I homeschool, he noted the file, and left.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• nope but had some call them on me for no reason.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes I have! I worked at a bank and it was dead slow, I was the only teller out in the lobby at the time and a guy came in and got mad at his son who was about 13 im guessing... well anyways.. he hit his son right accross the face, gave him a bloody nose and all, then yelled at him for getting blood on the carpet, I called the cops right away and they came and arrested the guy. Stupid ass tried to say he didnt hit the kid in court.. duh.. bank.. cameras? Stupid Ass!
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2009