35 weeks and decreased fetal movement questions...

I'm 35 weeks and a few days ago I noticed that my baby isn't moving as much. I still feel him everyday, but his kicks are not NEAR as strong as they were and far less frequent. I feel little bubbles and twitches and stuff but not many kicks at all. I have heard that baby's move less as you get bigger due to less room in there but is it normal for there to be a dramatic decrease? I mean he will go a really long time without kicking me at all.

YoucancallmeGod

Asked by YoucancallmeGod at 12:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A lot of times they'll also become less active in preparation for labor (so I've read), so he could just be getting ready for his debut. If he stops moving altogether, that's a problem. But if you're concerned at all, call your OB, that's what she's there for.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Make sure you just feel him regularly. I am 36 weeks and I noticed a few days ago that my baby wasnt really kicking as much. He is doing good but I also feel more wiggling and little movements instead of the big kicks I use to get. If you havent felt him move in awhile then just get a cold drink and sit down and that should get him going a little if you still dont feel anything then call your OB, and also mention something at your next appt. just so your OB can reassure you that he is doing good.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think as long as you feel him everyday he is fine. As long as the babys heartrate is normal when you go to the doc. things are fine. The baby has less room to move as vigerously so that is normal to feel a decrease in movement the closer you get to delivery. Hope that helps
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I noticed that while I am not feeling as many as the big movements, if i put my hand on my stomach, i feel lots of little movements, that I don't feel without my hand there. Like the others said, its completely normal :) But always feel free to talk to your doctor for reassurance!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009