Unsuccesfull Essure operation??

I was wondering if any of u ladies have had an unsuccesfull Essure operation?? and if so did u get pregnant again?? How did that pregnancy turn out?? My friend (who is not on CM) had the Essure about 1 yr ago and the dr. told her afterward that it didn't 'take' on 1 side...anyway she is now pregnant again. She thinks it may be tubal b/c of this operation...any one with any experience?? thanks.

lionslambs

Asked by lionslambs at 12:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• omg that sucks. A dr was just on tv this week saying how great ESSURE was! It was on The Doctors. Your friend needs to go to their website and tell that doctor she's wrong!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why didn't she go to have it redone? And it isn't an operation. It is actually less invasive than a vasectomy. Then again, I am getting it done for my 22nd birthday.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sorry wasn't sure what 'word' to use 4 it... she was nursing @ the time and didn't want to be on the pain meds again that they had her on. she was not married or seeing anyone at that time either...so she probably figured no biggy. she got remarried 3 months ago and probably should've looked @ having it redone @ that time. from her 1st marriage she has 3, and so does he, so this will be there 7th!!! and they have all 6 almost full time.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 3:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If it didnt fully close and she ended up pregnant that is on her not on the procedure. She was given the chance to A. Redo it or B. get the Tubal ligation. Much like any procedure its not 100%. I've known people who had TLs and they got pregnant because their body repaired itself. That is what the test was for a 3m.

To the person who said call and tell the Doctors' Doctor that it wasnt great...its a good procedure if it closes. If you read the paperwork it might take longer than the 3months to close or you might have to have the Tubal Ligation anyway. They also go over this at the preop and the actual day of the procedure. I know because I have it. This wasnt on the procedure this was on her for not taking the advice of the doctor that she saw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009