27 weeks pregnant having sharp pain in my abdomen?

I am waiting for a nurse to call me back but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or would have any idea what it is? It usually happens when I am walking or doing a lot of cleaning (moving around a lot). It's a real sharp, biting pain on the right side of my abdomen right above my hip. Sometimes it will go away if I sit down but I usually have to wait it out.

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 12:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like round ligament pain to me. I hear that is more common in subsequent pregnancies because the ligaments have been stretched before. With my last kiddo, I had that so bad I would just have to sit on the floor for a moment and wait for it to pass. I hope that helps and good luck! :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 12:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you could be dehydrated..or it could just be stretching, i wouldnt worry too much about it but see what the doc says
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• stretching ligiments
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am 25 weeks and having the exact same symptoms. I figured it was due to yesterday's ultrasound, but maybe it's round ligament pain.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, I was having that this week, now I"m 28 weeks today, and I have it again. One thing is making sure you're not lifting anything to heavy. And yes you're going to get exhausted even faster so pace yourself, if you feel some pain, sit down and relax. Plus no your baby is stretching more in their and it's causing some discomfort. good luck to you!~
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009