labor signs....repost to urge to push

ok so this is my repost to my other question,urge to push...i went to the hospital and they told me that it was just from all the pressure on my hips and things,nothing serious.

anyways i have another question though, the past couple of days ive had this back pain that starts out dull and increases in strength and at the same time have been having menstrual like cramps in my pelvis region...could this be a sign that im dialating more and about to go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That definitely sounds like early labor to me. So exciting! Hope you're holding up well!
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 12:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sounds like it. But let me discourage you a little - LOL. That cold mean labor very soon or another week! Some woman have those cramps for a while before it turns into real labor. On the other hand, you ARE getting closer, and that is cause for excitement!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They sound exactly like my contractions!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• cramps in your pelvis are NOT contractions. sorry to tell you that:( Contractions are not centralized and take over your entire uterus.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• IVE BEEN DOING THIS SAME THING FOR OVER A WEEK NOW, AND THIS IS MY THIRD. IM DILATED TO 3 CM..SO IDK IT COULD BE LABOR OR IT MIGHT NOT BE..BUT EITHER WAY BEST LUCK
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it could be because of all the pressure of the baby down there and also could be braxon hicks. if you are ever worried you should call your dr. they heard it all b4 trust me, i was one who freaked out about everything cause i was at risk of pre term labor and its better safe than sorry. you should lay down and rest and if cramps keep going after in activity then might be a good idea to go in. my OB told me in my last month that when i get cramps that i should have a half glass of wine and 20 min later and still pain i better go in. but i would ask your dr first b4 doing that. good luck and your lil guy wil be here b4 you know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Jaydin I think she was looking for a more supportive answer. And contractions do take over the entire uterus and then some. Baby might be pushing further down causing the cramps but the lower back pain that radiates to the front sounds like contractions to me.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• YEAH I AGREE CRAMPS IN UR PELVIS CANVERY MUCH BE CONTRACTIONS, THATS HOW IT STARTED WITH MY LAST THEN IT WENT TO MY BACK AFTER A WHILE..EVERYONE FEEEL CONTRACTIONS VERY DIFFERENTLY...BUT ONE THING IS ALWAYS THE SAME I THINK. ARE THEY TIMEABLE? IF THEY ARE AND STAY THAT WAY GO IN TO L&D.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009