• In the Spotlight:

diet that works?

Anyone tried a healthy, cheap diet that works? Next month i'm going to get fitted for my wedding dress, and i would really love to lose a little weight before I do. Right now I'm about 165lbs, I'd like to be about 130lbs. I doubt I could lose that much that fast, but you never know. Is there any certain foods that help you lose weight? I really need to lose belly weight, and weight from my arms. I've had back problems alot since I had my son, I tried sit ups but, it just hurts alot. Anyone know of any way I could lose a little without becoming anorexic lol? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am doing a diet called the Makers Diet. It is not easy because you cut out carbs for the first 2 weeks. I am on the first week and have lost 8 lbs.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• South Beach worked really well for me several years ago. However, the lack of carbs made me somewhat listless and cranky! There are different stages to it.. and once I got back to adding a few grains.. felt much better.. As far as your exercise, do crunches instead of sit ups.. and things like swimming and fast walking.. being aware of keeping your stomach held in while doing it helps.. Good luck!
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 12:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Wow I have to try that makers mark after I deliever. This isn't really a diet but cut out all soda juice tea etc. Literally drink water and only water for like a week. You'll feel so much better. Then after a week cheat once or twice a week with soda or juice. Try to stick to Zero cal drinks like ice tea with splenda. I lost 10lbs in three months just by doing this!!! It is a long term kinda thing so it might not help for your dress fitting next month, but it will help for your big day!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 35 pounds is too high of a goal. If you do this I promise you will lose a good bit in just a month:

eat 1500 calories per day ONLY. Strictly count your calories! watch for those hidden calories in things like butter and mayonaise. that stuff really adds up! You will feel hungry for a few days, and maybe even a little tired, but you will get used to it after just those first few days. If you find you are super hungry, try working in lots of lean protein like chicken breast and eggs, or try protein bars or shakes. The biggest thing to remember: NO SUGAR!!!, not in food and not in drinks. Drink lots of water. Water will also help you feel more full. You can drink sugar free tea and coffee sparingly. Do 20 minutes of a cardio-workout DVD every day. Walk for 15 or 20 minutes after lunch or dinner every day. Do not eat after dinner! Do this and I promise you'll lose anywhere from 5 to 15 pounds in a month.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Get rid off the junk food. Lol. Do 1200 cal a day 3 meals of 300 and 3 snacks of 100 go shopping for diet stuff lots of watermelon shrinks your stomach and grapes oh grapefruit helps speed your metoblism. Drink lots of water and warm tea after meals it helps your digestion. Be determined and don't cheat. Eat very slowly this helps you enjoy your food longer and your digestion won't have to work as much :) best wishes. Don't eat out :( take your snacks and water when you go out for the day so you grab your own stuff.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh apples are high in fiber too and get the low cal yogurt you have to want this bad to stick to it.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have tried the diet called "weight lose for idiots" It is a 11 day diet, and yes it has worked for me, but you CANT cheat on it at all - good luck :)
    mothersdaygift

Answer by mothersdaygift at 9:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009