Does EVERY WOMAN go thru the nesting phase??

I'm 4CM 75% -1 and still have not had any "nesting" things.
My house is clean, his room is done so IDK if its because I've always been on top of my cleaning that I'm not going thru it. Does every woman do this eventually, maybe Im not as close to labor as I thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never went through it. I think it depends on the woman - and her maternal instincts (or lack of).
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm 34 weeks and it hasn't hit yet, I've had random days where I wanted to clean (Maybe 10 my whole pregnancy) but other than that, NOTHING.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I did it with my first, but not with my second, so I don't think it's an ALWAYS kind of thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I thought I had at least a week left and I remember sitting on the kitchen floor cleaning the hand me down walker my cousin gave me and then I was boiling all of the bottles and nipples I had in the house. I had no idea that's what was going on (nesting) but that night at 2 am I started having waves of pain. When I walked out the door to go to the hospital to give birth I was angry because the bottles looked spotty and they weren't ready for the baby yet.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 1:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no, i didn't. i took care of everything that needed to be taken care of, but that was it.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 1:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• #1 nope.

#2 to a small degree yes

#3 was HORRIBLE for the nesting!! I was a cleaning madwoman!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no i dont think EVERY woman goes through the nesting phase, and I dont believe it is a lack of the mother instinct. i went through it though! I baked a lot (which I think is why I gained 60 lbs LOL) which I still love doing and I plan on being the old fashioned mom making cookies for junior when he's home from school lol. I rearranged his nursery a bunch of times (withholding heavy lifting of course), even did some baby proofing, folded his clothes in the dresser and arranged his clothes in the closet based on size and color LMAO
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think some go through it right before labor and some go through it right after coming home with baby.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know i didnt go through it with my son, like i had been moving before ihad him so i dont think i had the motivation for it, but then again i had to be enduced so i think thats why i may have not went through it!
    12809dsm

Answer by 12809dsm at 2:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Everyone is different. And you may do it, but in a different way. Maybe you don't clean the house, but insist on taking a shower or using a certain soap. I for some odd reason shaved my legs the night I had my daughter. I didn't know I was in labor at the time. I also "nested" the whole time. I'm a bit of an organizer so I organized and reorganized my daughters closet and drawers. I'm not pregnant, but I still do that. So was it really "nesting" or just my normal behavior?? Or was my shaving my legs a form of nesting?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009