Potty training/starting preschool (PIOG)

My oldest daughter just turned 3. The preschool where we live will take then when they are 3 just as long as they are potty trained. Sometimes she will go on her own and other times she wont. What is a quick and easy way to potty train her before September 8 when the school starts? I really want to send her to school. Please help me.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 1:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you using pull-ups? I found that just going straight to underwear worked best. Yeah, it's messy, but you can tell as soon as they've had an accident and they feel it a lot more, even with the feel n'learn pull-ups. My youngest just turned 3 in June and he's pretty much potty trained now, just a few poop accidents now and then. We started at the beginning of July, and he'll be starting preschool in Sept too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• panties only - pullups at night.

we've had a slight backslide with my youngest too (same boat - school starts on the 8th) - they're old enough to reason with so just explain (in kid friendly terms) that she can't go until she uses the potty. I just keep asking her and reminding her that she doesn't get to go to school if she doesn't go in the potty. gets irritating and repetitive....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I just switched to undies only too. The pull-ups were not working. She went through about 7 pairs yesterday, but I'm on a mission. Her preschool is exactly the same and begins on the same day. I know they are not expecting perfect, but I have to be able to give an honest answer when taking her regarding the training. I just feel like I'm the one doing it all. My little one will be 3 on Sept. 6. My incentive is that we will be 100% done with diapers too. I took her to the store and let her pick out 3 packs of undies. I'm also using the thicker trainers. The feel of peeing in undies produces an immediate reaction, but not with pull ups. Good luck to you and your little one!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009