Potty training/starting school (PIOG)

My oldest daughter just turned 3. The preschool where we live will take then when they are 3 just as long as they are potty trained. Sometimes she will go on her own and other times she wont. What is a quick and easy way to potty train her before September 8 when the school starts? I really want to send her to school. Please help me.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in

• put panties on her and be consistent. Take her every 15 minutes for the first few days and as add time between that as she gets the hang of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Every 15 min is a bit much, how about every hour?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Let her pick her panties and use them all waking hours. do not go back to pull ups even when going out. I know it's a pain but it is also confusing for the child. Just pack extra clothes and make a trip before you leave the house. when you arrive and every 45m-1hr. if she goes and every 20 if she doesn't.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Put her in underware (NO PULLUPS!!!), talk about how much fun preschool will be, take her on a tour of the preschool you want her to to go to. Take her to the bathroom about every 30 minutes. If she is ready, she will literally train overnight.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I found terry cloth underwear to be the best for potty traing...save the pretty frillly ones as a incentive for potty training success.....push alot of fluids and take her to the bathroom about every 20 minutes to start....set a kitchen timer if you have to.....yes its a pain but you can eventully stretch out the time...drink and wet dolls help too since they have to go potty right after the drink their bottle..it help to make it fun....I was able to train my autistic daughter by 3 1/2 years of age...as long as you are consistent she will learn.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009