Does anyone know any good Bible verses for comfort?

I have a friend that works in a nursing home. She reads the Bible to one of her residents. She asked me if I could look up some good verses that would help comfort this man. I think just him being in the nursing home & missing his family is probably why he is so sad. :( So I would love your ideas on what scripture I could give my friend. Thanks ladies! Have a Blessed day!!

emtaglover

Asked by emtaglover at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Matt 28:20 "And surely I am with you always,..." That let's him know he is never alone

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Matt. 11:28
    Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh, yes, sometimes, we dispair and dont know what to do and we feel lonely. Psalm 23 always comforts me. Also 2 Corinthians 1: 3-11. I pray that our Master and Saviour bless you and your friends family for thinkings of others and trying to help them in times of no hope.
    Katelyn113

Answer by Katelyn113 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thank you ladies so far for all the wonderful scripture! I really do appreciate it! :)
    emtaglover

Answer by emtaglover at 1:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 1 Peter 5:6-7
    Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Revelation 7:15-17
    And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Revelation 21:4
    He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 1 Peter 1:3-9
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuine
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
    But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Thessalonians 4:13
    Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.

Philippians 4:6
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

Hebrews 2:14-15
    Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death — that is, the devil — and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of dea
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies!!!
    emtaglover

Answer by emtaglover at 7:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• revelatin 21 verses 3-4
    isaiah 42-6 god takes your hand
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009