colicy baby... help!!!

The Dr says she's just colicy... a common occurance amonge 3 months olds... But what do you do? I hold her she crys, stand up and sway, we bounce, we move outside to try still the pitiful cry continues so we try rocking we try the swing the bouncy seat still the tears keep flowing.. lets try a bath... nope now were screamining! What happened to mothers natural instink? I thought we were suposed to just know how to confort them. What do we do when the drops, the tummy binding, and constant burpping just doesnt seem to work and you find your self sitting there begging your 3 month old to stop crying on the verge of breaking down and joining them by crying yourself!

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried swadling her with her knees up in her belly, and swaying her with a pacifier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• try singing to her as u lay her down and gently rub her tummy,mabe she has acid reflex.rub her feet herhands and head.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• get in the bath with baby,i do that all the time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sitting her in her carseat on the washing machine on the spin cycle might help also, this will not last forever mom, and if you feel yourself losing control just lay her in her crib and take a break for 5 minutes, bouncing her on your knees while she is on her tummy might also help. Sometimes the vibrating bouncy seats work well for colic also.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sometimes I cried too. It's okay to cry! Try this website it has info about colic that I never knew before!
    http://www.medicinenet.com/colic/page2.htm
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 1:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Her eyes are at half mass :) I think she is gona fall asleep... Thank you God thank you :) Am I horable? I feel bad I just almost dont even want to deal with it... I love her.... She is what I always wanted but Im just so happy she is asleep this has been going for days and I didnt think I would last much longer!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ok, before i say ANYTHING, you are doing great! K! Nobody comes with a manual of how to deal with babies, my goodness, its a bloody hard time! So give yourself a break, the fact you are on here asking for help is proof enough that you're a caring and worried mommy! Respect to you for that.
    So now what to do. Im not going to say i know either, but i know a few methods friends of mine used and seemed to work and although my little girl never had Colic, she had bad trapped gas that would cripple her from time to time.
    Ok what i did, lay her on her back, using your thumbs, and not too firm, rub in circles on her tummy, do that for a couple of minutes, then take her feet in your hands (soles against the palm of your hand) and move her legs into a squat position (push her knees up to her tummy). Hold for a few seconds and bring them down again, repeat this for a good 5 monutes. Also try alternating with moving her legs like.....
    Texanairforce1

Answer by Texanairforce1 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ..... she were on a bicycle, slowly of course.
    My mother said i had chronic colic (what a term) for about 2 weeks solid when i was a baby, and she couldnt do anything to help me. She went to her doctor and he suggested a drop of peppermint oil in my water. Now before you try that ask your doctor, its not for everyone, but its known to relieve tummy upset and relieve gas.
    I'll check out some more ideas for you hun, but do try the exercises, they really worked to ease my little girls tummy, and then if that looks to work, maybe a warm bath to soothe her after.
    Good luck, and remember dont beat yourself up. xoxoxo
    Texanairforce1

Answer by Texanairforce1 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter just turned 8mths and the colic was awful! All the books I read and everything I searched on the internet did not work! I thought i was going to lose my mind! What did work for us: Swaddling tightly worked and mixing a ounce of goats milk in with her formula worked wonders for her stomach. These two things helped my little one finally sleep!
    maya12032008

Answer by maya12032008 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Our daughter had colic from the time she was two weeks until she was 3 1/2 months. We found that a strict routine worked wonders. Research shows that colicy babies are highly sensitive to noise and light. So, I would take her in the bath at the same time every night. I would get in with her and keep it fairly dark with only candles or the dimmer on. She would just lay back against me. Then I would take her in my room and have the light and TV off and I would use the lavander lotion and massage her. Next I would dress her and swaddle her. And finally I would lay next to her and nurse her. Sometimes she would cry through the entire thing. Her colic usually lasted about 3-4 hours a night. So after the routine which would last about 1-1 1/2 hours my husband would give me a break and he would take her for a walk in the stroller and then when she got a little older in the backpack.
    audriesmommy

Answer by audriesmommy at 2:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009