Potty training question

I have completely taken my 2yr old out of pull-ups. Its been about 3 days now. Does anyone have advice on how to get her to go to the potty throughout the night without my help? So far I've been getting up every 2hrs with her and by morning I'm worn out. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 2 and 3months and she stays completly dry overnight. i limit the drinks though. no srinks afetra certain time at night usually an hour before her bedtime. but she goes right before bedtime and then shes dry until morning when she wakes by herself and goes potty.:) i didnt think itd be this easy! but good luck..and try not push nights..they'll get it when they are ready!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't push nighttime.

they'll learn on their own - at least my oldest and youngest have.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd suggest leaving the pull-ups on at night and going without them during "waking" hours. It's not worth the hassle of trying to do it during the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• why the hell would you take her every 2 hours at night. does she have a bladder problem. before be once during the night and when she gets up should do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree... My nephew was five and would sometimes still wet the bed. My sister was starting to think there was a problem there, but there wasn't. He's just a sound sleeper, and wouldn't wake up. He's now six and wakes up on his own. I've decided I'm not going to push nighttime. They'll start waking up on thier own time...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No she does not have a bladder problem. I just try to make sure she doesn't wet herself. Plus shes a toddler so her bladder doesn't work like ours. Just letting her go before bed and in the early morning is not enough. I myself go at least 3 times a night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Don't push nights. It's a long time for a small bladder to hold. Don't give fluids an hour or two before bed time and encourage her to empy her bladder before bed. Put in pull ups just in case and let her sleep. If she wakes up dry, lots of priase. If not, no biggie. Throw away pull up and try again tomorrow. My daughter's been trained for about 3 weeks now. She'll have maybe 1-2 accidnets a week and wake up 2-3 mornings wet. She's 26 months. I don't expect her to wake up dry, but she does fairly often.

I'd be concerned that by waking your child up every 2 hours at night you will make it a habbit and she will start waking that often on her own and not sleep well. It could train the bladder to have to go that often too. Both things you probably don't want.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• PS. If you are going at least 3 times at night, you may have bladder control problems. Mention it to your doctor at your next appointment. It's not normal. It's possible your child will not have those problems, so will not need to be woken up at night at all. Or it's possible she will have the same issues. My friend was on medicine for her weak bladder but her daughter doesn't have any problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009