Was delivering your first baby easier or harder than one of the others?

Ppl always say the second time is so easy..and I know my pregnancy and delivery of my second was HELL! lol and my first born was so freakin easy!

vanessa432

Asked by vanessa432 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they were all so completely different.

it was easier in the fact that I knew what was coming and had an idea of how everything wuold and should progress (but there were complications with my first).
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My first was sooo easy, I went into labor at 6:30 that morning and had her at 8:55 that same morning, my second was induced because my doc was scared I wouldnt make it to the hospital in time LOL, so my second was worse only because of the potocin, my third was the most painful because he came out sunny side up and had back labor, it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife with each contraction. He was also the smallest of the three.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well with my son I started having contractions at 12am and then stayed at home until they were 5 min. apart. then went to the hospital at 2:20 pm and my son was born at 2:25 pm. and my son came out with one big push..... so he was simple and he was my first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it was harder then my second one becuase i was only 14 when i had my son anthony!i was in labor for 5 hours and it was like hell to me.i was also convinced that he wouldnt come out becuase i thought i didnt have a birth canal but my told me that everyone did!
    JessiAndMyAnty

Answer by JessiAndMyAnty at 1:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They were both very easy. I pushed less than 3 minutes with both of them.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My first was easier because she was born vaginally.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My first vaginal birth was pretty harsh on me...I had a baby girl, 7lbs 12oz, an epi, & 8 hours of labor on pitocin. I tore 2nd degree tears in 2 places and bled really bad, almost needing a blood transfusion. Wasn't up walking around til almost the 2nd week postpartum.

My second vaginal birth was easier for me...I had a baby boy, 9lbs 5oz, 12 hours of labor on pitocin, and no epi. I had NO tears, didn't bleed much and I was up moving around that night after I delivered.

mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 2:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My first was very difficult - he ended up being much larger than they had though he was going to be (he was8 lbs 9 oz, but I'm VERY small). I got to the hospital too late to have a epidural, but then labor didn't progress (because he was too big - duh!). The OB later told me if he'd had any idea he would be that big he would've done a Csection - they had to use the vacuum, break his shoulder bone - it was awful!
    My 2nd and 3rd were much easier, they were smaller. And then my 4th was a Csection, so it was easier in a way just a much harder recovery.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• first one (7 pounds) was easy as pie. second one (8 and 1/2 pounds) hurt a little more during the pushing, but the labor was half the time!
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have had Two Girls and Two C-Sections,

The first was an emergancy... Which was Horrid!... I had to stay in the Hospital for 2 weeks!

The 2nd C-S Was planned so it went alot smoother and healed alot faster they let me go the next day.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009