My daughter wont eat

I've been transitiong my 11 1/2 month old daughter from baby food to solids food. She was doing fine we completly got rid of all the baby food then yesterday she started spitting everything out that wasn't mushed. She hasn't eating hardly anything. I was thinking that maybe she was teething but she has never done that before when she was teething. Do you have any ideas?

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she could be getting her 1yr molars...those are more painful than the other teeth when coming in.....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She might not like the texture of the food yet, if she is still getting formula she wont starve, just try different foods, my DD didnt like any type of meat until she was like 5, she didnt like the texture of it. If she must go back on baby food if you are worried, thats ok too, she might be teething and the smooth texture of the baby food doesnt casue her any pain to chew.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She used to eat the same foods that shes spitting out so I'm not sure if it's the texture.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If shes spitting it out, it might be teething, call her ped and ask how much childrens advil you can give her, it works best for teething pain. My Dr told me about it when my DD was 6 months but that was a long time ago.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Could be teething. Or it could just be her trying to be in control. How's she acting while she's spitting it out?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She starts crying and moving her head away
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My 3 year old son does the same thing on certain days that he feels like doing it. you can try with small foods and keep offering them. if that doesn't ork try applesauce or anything soft, that the child won't really test you on to bad. If that still doesn't work go to your baby's doctor office and talk to your doctor about it. I wish you the best of luck!
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009