Anyone wish it was like the 70's? JUST FOR FUN NO BASHING PLEASE!!

So I am constantly saying I wish it was the 70's and I could stay home with my son like the mommies used to do... I was accepted back then, I AM NOT SAYING IT'S NOT ACCEPTED NOW just that it's harder because of the economy and everyone needed more money...
I just recently went back to work and had to leave my almost 6 month old little man, he's my world, I cry every single night when I get home because I never have the time to play with him and just spend time with him.. I still breastfeed when I'm home and I love it! It's just that when I'm working, I'm always in a bad mood because I miss him and just want my time with him back!
So I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way or had ever thought about it!

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I wish so only because I like their fashion.lol
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• What was accepted in the 70's is that women completed their educations, established careers, then got married, the couple bought a home and then had children--when they were ready! One parent (usually the mother) stayed home with the child/children. What has become common place now is do what you feel and worry about the details later!

I am one of the old-fashioned moms...I graduated 10 years BEFORE I married and had children--after finishing my education, establishing my career AND buying my OWN home--which my husband and I sold and used for our down payment, new cars, and furnishings plus inground pool, etc.!

Proper planning has its benefits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i wish it was 1968 while pot was legal... since this is just for fun. haha.

anyways. i know how you feel. i am in college as a full time student and was taking my finals the day before i had my daughter, and then i went back 5 weeks later for more full time classes. plus i have a part time job. i know what you mean about crying bc you feel like you are never with your baby. just be glad you had 6 months to bond. :)

and hell, maybe you will marry a gazillionaire (or become one yourself) and never have to work again and get to stay home :)
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think you mean the 50s....my mom got married in the 70s and went to college a month after her wedding. I wasn't born until she had a career lol.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The 70s. Hmmm. You're looking for the 50s, actually.

But even in the 50s....there were a lot of women who DID have to work. There have ALWAYS been women who have had to work.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• the music was certainly better.

we had an actual media, that reported news, not gossip

people were much more honest

Answer by rkoloms at 4:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009