Sooo...Is this wrong?

Is it wrong to lock my son who is 5 and addicted to tv and video games outside in the fenced in back year for 30 min to be outside for a while even if he sits by the back door and cries the whole time. I am not joking though he NEVER plays outside. I have tried everything from new toy to getting him started in a game and then walking away... This is my last resort idea. Is it wrong? I know it's not 'nice' but is it wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am right there with you. :0( Let me know what worked.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i honestly dont see anything wrong with it...as long as your letting him in to go pee...not kicking him out in bad weather...and can see him at all times...i would probably go the same route
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Not wrong, but why not go out and play with him? Play soccer, T ball, or get some water guns. And HIDE those video games and unplug the tv, but if you guys are outside make a pitcher of ice cold lemonade and take cups out with you. Thats what me and the kids too.
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think you have the right idea as far as cutting down on video games and tv. However, kids usually dont want to be alone to play, stay outside and play with him or if you have chores to do inside, have him help you with them and tell him no tv. (He might chose to go outside and play for a while if he gets bored enough.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have cut the video games down to 30 min a day and T.v. for only a couple of ours. Then he will just sit in the floor and play with blocks or cars. He is just always sitting. i try to some days go out with him and stay. i can't every day though. He needs to learn to entertain himself really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Um I would try taking all the tv's and electronics away first.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My parent use to tell us go out side and you can't come in unless you have to go to the bathroom. That was an all day thing. We were not allowed back in tell dinner time. So 1/2 an hour is ok to me. Wh y can't you just turn off the tv and tell him "NO TV".

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I mean cold turkey.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my son's like that. So we compromised. He has to earn his computer/tv by playing outside. He swims for an hour it equals one hour computer games.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• the tv has not been on yet today thank goodness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009