Why Is My Dog Starting To Pee Every Where?

i have a chuahuah,her name is cupcake(lol,my kids named her!)but anyway shes house broken but now shes starting to pee every where!she just turned 1 on may 26th (haha the day before my brothers bday!) and she use to go to the bathroom in the back of our backyard witch is all dirt so thats the only place we let her go to the bathroom. but now she wont pee back there!she starting to pee on the beds,on the deck,and sometimes she even goes in the little baby pool to pee!i read online that when your dog pees or poops somewhere there not suppose to you have to stick there face in it but that doesnt work for cupcake!

JessiAndMyAnty

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Is she fixed? If not could she be in heat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sounds like it could be a couple things...one shes marking her territory...two shes stressed....or three her dirt spot has been marked by another animal...id test the third theory by diggin up the dirt and exposing fresh soil and see if that helps...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Don't stick her face "in" it!, what I do is stick his nose down next to it. They aren't stupid, they know what it is they are getting in trouble for.

Have you taken her to the vet? She may have a UTI. My cat does weird things like that when she gets a UTI.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was also thinking something like blueeyedgirl, I was thinking that maybe some other animal got into her spot or she is stressed out. Any major changes in the family? New baby? Change of routine? etc...?
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Hi - Cupcake may have a Urinary infection-  Have her checked for this before you figure that it is all a behvaior issue...

I hope it is a UTI -that is an easy fix by your vet with antibiotics.

SEE here - Help to stop or reduce UTIs and Crystals in the urine:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dog-Food-Canine-3799/2009/3/Urine-Crystals-jack-russell.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2009